Constructed in 1912 by W. S. Graves, of Graves Shale Brick Company, the Graves Building is located at 1816-1820 3rd Avenue North, across from the Alabama Theatre and just down the block from The Lyric.
The original design was of architect Harry Wheelock, who also founded the Birmingham Rotary Club. The building housed various business including Kilgore Furniture, Lawrence Furniture, and most recently, Lichter’s Furniture and Jewelry.
The right two bays of they building were purchased in 2016, and are being revitalized by the Golden Construction and Appleseed Workshop team. This space will house Shu Shop, Wheelhouse Salon, and Platipi. The remainder of the space is available through contact on this site.